Licorice has a number of key skincare benefits in relation to iS Clinical products.
They are as follows:
- Brightening - Licorice extract contains glabridin, which inhibits melanin production, reducing the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
- Anti-Inflammatory - It calms redness and soothes irritated skin, making it suitable for sensitive skin types.
- UV Protection - Licorice has natural sun-blocking properties, aiding in UV protection when used alongside sunscreen.
- Hydration - It helps retain skin moisture, preventing dryness and flakiness.
- Acne Control - Licorice has antibacterial properties that combat acne-causing bacteria, reducing breakouts.
- Anti-Aging - Its antioxidants combat free radicals, slowing down the aging process and reducing the formation of fine lines.
- Oil Control - Licorice regulates oil production, making it beneficial for oily and combination skin.