Our skin is our largest organ and is constantly affected by external and internal factors. Things such as the air, the sun, pollution, nutrition, hydration and stress can all play a role into the health of our skin. But unfortunately, these factors can cause the skin to become damaged and compromised. When your skin barrier is compromised, you can start to notice things such as redness, sensitivities, dryness, chronic irritation, hyperpigmentation, dullness, roughness and acne.
One product that you should always keep to hand, specifically at this time of year, with the cold weather, heaters and it being chemical peel season is SHEALD Recovery Balm. It is safe to apply to the majority of the body and the face, it has a soft feel and helps to relieve many of the symptoms we listed above.
The main benefit of this product is in its name “SHEALD”- it helps to heal! SHEALD Recovery Balm encourages the skins natural healing process, BUT it also does so much more! In fact, it dramatically replenishes hydration, restores the skins balance, strengthens and protects the skin against extreme weather conditions. It is also antibacterial and antimicrobial.
With such and incredible “CV”, lets dig in on what goes into this powerhouse product:
- Ceramides- this oil-based molecule is what is what we call ‘bioidentical’, this means that they are the most like our very own oil-based molecules and they are necessary for a healthier barrier function.
- Glycerin- this is a vital nutrient it attracts and binds water to the skin to increase its moisture levels, it helps to protect the skin’s barrier, heals and helps the development of normal cells.
- Hyaluronic Acid- a very popular ingredient, this a humectant also attracts and binds water to the to the skin.
- Vitamin E- this powerful antioxidant and moisturizer that protects against UV-induced photodamage and free radicals as well as an amazing anti-inflammatory.
- Panthenol- this is a form of Vitamin B5 and it is moisturizing.
- Oat Kernel Extract- this plant extract has amazing anti-inflammatory properties that help to soothe irritation, itching and inflammation.